Manahil EstateIslamabad Real Estate Property Dealers and Consultants
New Islamabad Airport: Development Status and Expected Completion
New Islamabad International Airport has been a very hot discussion topic recently. We have been sharing information and images from latest developments of the Airport as people do not usually visit the place and believe the rumors that Airport will never complete or it will be shifted to some other place.
Check Latest Development Images of New Islamabad Airport.
Here are some Facts of the development status of the New Islamabad Airport:
- Runways are Complete.
- 97% of Air side is Complete.
- Cargo Terminal is complete, its passage from Thallian Interchange is Complete.
- Air side Apron is Complete.
- Internal roads are 97% Complete.
- Air Traffic Control Tower is 53% Complete. CAA has taken action against the responsible company for being slow.
- Lighting system faced this delay too, so the contract with company was terminated too.
- The Passenger Terminal Building is 53% complete, Work Underway by a Chinese company and FWO. Warning letter given to them.
- Project management company faced accusations of incomplete work so they are terminated too.
- Project work in full swing.
- Cargo flights will start as soon as the ATC (Air Traffic Control Tower) is completed.
- Expected Project Completion by 1st quarter of 2015.
Here is the interview of the Chairman of Civil Aviation Authority in which he answers to many questions which rattle the brains of investors who have become shaky over the investment potential and opportunities arising in Islamabad zone 2 near the Airport.
Note: Above listed points have been taken from this conversation.
This blog post was created on Thursday, January 23rd, 2014 and Filed Under Tags: Airport Work in Progress, Civil Aviation Authority, islamabad airport, New Airport, New Airport Plan, New Islamabad Airport